Monday, November 8, 2010

How do I deal?

I have been bombarded lately with women "complaining" about an unplanned, unwanted pregnancy, and it's hard to deal with. I wish I had some words of advice about how to deal with the flood of emotions that this causes...but I don't. I don't even know how to deal with it. I know that God has a plan for EVERY baby that He creates, and for every mother that carries that child...but to hear the complaints, or the attitudes just cuts pretty deep. I would not trade my children for the world, but to hear all the griping, just makes me jealous, angry, and hurt at all that I missed out on. Yes, I got to a point where I had to decide if I wanted a pregnancy, or a family. I chose a family and wouldn't have it any other way! But I never got to have the joy of the "plus" sign, or 2 pink lines on a pregnancy test, hearing the heartbeat, seeing my child on an ultra sound, breastfeeding, etc. And then to hear people complain about it, man it just hurts. It has been almost 9 years since I lost my battle with infertility and truly became forever infertile. And I am ok with that, I have my precious babies, but I didn't get the joy of what these people are complaining about! People need to realize not everyone can sit back and get pregnant without a care in the world. And yes I know not everyone battles with infertility, but I think we should all be considerate of others feelings. You don't always know what each individual is dealing with. "He will help you who are troubled. And He will also help us" 2 Thessalonians 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment