Monday, August 2, 2010

Why????

Why??? That is a question that plagues most of us, if not all of us at some point in life, but especially during infertility! I remember times that all I could do was lay in my bed and cry and ask "why"? Why me? Why does God gift children to people who abuse their children? Why doesn't He gift me a child? Why is this happening to me? Why why WHY????? If I had all the answers to those, and many more "why" questions, I would be a millionaire!!! I may never fully understand God's plans, His way of doing things, but one thing I know for sure is that in everything He does have a plan. And His plan is PERFECT! Pain is a part of life, we can thank Adam and Eve for that one! God has promised us peace, not a pain free life. Whether it be the physical pain of tests and procedures, emotional pain of waiting for the results of tests and procedures, or a pain in your heart that will never be soothed until you hold your baby in your arms for the first time! Pain is a part of life, but in Him we can have peace and comfort to get us through that pain. We all have the ability to choose...choose to accept the pain and know that God will use it for His plan and His glory somehow some way, or we can choose to work against the pain and fight every step of the way. Either way, God will have the final say so, His plan will come to pass. But I can tell you it will not be easy in the meantime! You will still face doubt, anger, resentment, pain, and the "why" questions will still creep up. But with the Lord guiding you, you will get through it victoriously!

"I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world" John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment